The Android version of BestWALK can be downloaded from the Play Store, which is accessible via your Android smart phone.
Downloading and installing the app:
- Select and open "Play Store" (Market on some Android phones) from your phone's list of widgets and apps.
- Search the term BestWALK.
- When you find BestWALK in a list of displayed apps, touch it to select.
- Touch the "Install" button on the upper right to begin the download process.
- On the next screen, touch the "Accept & download" button.
- Once the app finishes downloading and installing, press the "open" button.
Running the app:
- Enter your name, email address, city and age (this is optional).
- Press the dark blue "Start" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Press "OK" to accept the liability waiver.
- A "tutorial screen" appears showing key featureas of the app. Touch the screen to continue.
- Touch "OK" after reading the warning about using the app.
- A map of your location appears, indicating your positions with a green arrow. Nearby streets and intersections to be rated are marked with a red "pin."
- Touch one of the red pins to indicate you wish to rate it. A small window appears with the words "Select Street." Press the check box to indicate you want reserve this street for rating.
- Repeat this process until you have made 5 selections. Tip: to see a list of nearby streets and intersections that need to be rated, touch the three horizontal bars on the upper left corner of the map screen.
- To start rating the streets and intersections you selected, press the "Go" button on the upper right corner of the map screen
- Touch one of your selections to beging the rating process.
- Confirm your position on the map, then press the start button on the upper right corner.
- Answer the questions on the screen. Some screens require you to scroll down to answer all the questions. Once you answer all the questions, the "Next" button at the bottom of the screen will turn dark blue. Touch the "Next" button to go to the next screen and continue providing answers.
- When you have answered the last question, a box will appear giving you the rating of your street. It will ask you to then rate the opposite side of the street. Please be sure to rate both sides of the street. Intersections do not need to be rated from opposite sides of the streets.
- After completing your ratings, use the social media buttons at the bottom of the "Share" page to let you friends know about BestWalk and encourge them to go out and rate thier streets!